Forest of Doors Volunteer Opportunity!

A general area for players, staff, and guests to get the current Announcements and Information. This is a locked forum, please direct all questions to the owners@ruleof3.net email.

Forest of Doors Volunteer Opportunity!

Postby John Nunn » Thu May 28, 2015 12:36 pm

Forest of Doors has a campover event scheduled for July 10-12, 2015 at Red Top Mountain State Park. As part of a volunteer exchange with Dust to Dust for the Khaldun event, we're inviting Ro3 player to come out for a few hours on Saturday evening, July 11, for a rather large field battle that will be the conclusion of a plotline that's been going for about 10 years now. Come out about 8ish; get nice and exhausted; then feel free to head home for a shower and bed if you'd like. We definitely won't be offended if you want to stick around longer, but what we really need is people for this one battle that has both combat and RP aspects. We have a brownie exchange, so Buttons will certainly be offered.

So those who remember the ghuls and the refugees from Khaldun, and might want to pay back some of those players (with both combat and RP), we'd love to have you!

John Nunn
FoD Staff
John Nunn

Calamity Character: Liu Zheng
DtD Character: Daniel

Re: Forest of Doors Volunteer Opportunity!

Postby John Nunn » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:47 pm

Bumping. since this is NEXT WEEKEND! Woo!
John Nunn

Postby John Morehead » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:34 pm

Where in the park will this be? I'm assuming one of the primitive camping sites, but want to make sure we head to the right place if we can make it.
John Morehead

Eclipse Character: Nicodemus Trask
DtD Character: Kazimir Ordina

Postby John Nunn » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:29 pm

The pioneer camp, yup. There should just be the one, up Webster Ferry Landing Rd. near the yacht club.

Thanks!
John Nunn

Postby John Nunn » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:14 pm

I wanted to pass along a heartfelt thanks from the staff and players of Forest of Doors for the generosity and goodwill of the Ro3 players who were able to make it out for last night's battle. As several of the players expressed to me, there's nothing like actual warm bodies to make a dire situation even more obvious. I had a couple of the other NPCs (and staff) say something to me about how cheerfully you threw yourselves out there again and again. I know doing wave after wave can be mentally exhausting as well as physically, but know that your maturity and attitude towards a slightly different LARP group/culture was appreciated.

Thanks again!

--John
John Nunn

Return to Rule of 3 Announcements